It’s easy to understand why a steam shower is so great for you. Not only does a steam shower give you a sense of luxury and comfort, there are enormous health benefits for your body and your mind as well. It’s no wonder that ancient Romans and the Japanese did it as long as centuries ago, and cultures all over the world have adapted it in one form or another. It’s simply a wonderful experience. However, there are some things to keep in mind – for your own health protection, as well as to optimize the benefits and make it a truly satisfying experience. Here’s how to get the most out of your steam shower with these simple and easy tips.
Make the most of it
• Take your time. You don’t want any interruptions, not now. Tell the kids to mind their own business and take the telephone off the hook – it will be worth it.
• Drink water. Before you enter the steam shower, drink some water so that you are sufficiently hydrated. Steam showers are healthy and have many benefits but tend to dehydrate because you perspire a lot.
• Take a shower. A normal shower, we mean. This will clear your skin from most of the dirt and allow your skin to open its pores more for the detox process.
• Take a seat. You want to be as relaxed as possible, so make sure you have a place to sit down and truly be comfortable.
• Take a shower afterwards. Again, this doesn’t have to be a long shower – but it will help you cool down and rinse off your perspiration. It will also help your circulation even more than the steam shower alone will.
• Drink another glass of water. Yes, you probably have been sweating for 10 to 15 minutes, so another glass of water is in order. You can have that soothing cup of tea afterwards, if you like.
• Enjoy the feeling. Your shower may be over but take your time and relax for a while.
Think, for a second, what a steam shower cabin actually does: it opens the pores of your skin for a thorough perspiration cleaning; it improves your blood circulation to bring more oxygen, vitamins, and minerals to your vital organs. It relaxes your muscles and soothes those aching joints. It opens up airways and helps your pulmonary processes as well as increases your metabolism to keep that weight under control. The steam shower does a lot – truly an amazing thing. Now you know how to make the most of those processes and enjoy it even further; now, by taking some simple and easy steps, you can have a truly beneficial steam shower in luxury and style.
Image attributed to stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net